The answer to that cryptic post back in June has finally arrived. In an Instagram video posted on August 20, Trevor Nelson revealed what everyone's been wanting to know for the past two months: he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent "pretty serious surgery."

The BBC Radio 2 and 1Xtra host had announced he was stepping away from all work this summer, saying only that he was "focused on getting better" and hoped to return "100% himself," without disclosing details about his condition. In the new video, he explained that he chose to open up now because concern and speculation from listeners had gotten so intense that "my phone's been blowing up."

"I'm not gonna sit here and tell you the whole story, I might do that at some point in more depth," Nelson said, "but what I can tell you is I was going about my life and it turned out I had a tumor growing in my brain." He described the diagnosis as turning his "whole world upside down," with family and friends equally shocked, and he knew right away he couldn't manage the show while dealing with this, so he decided to step back.

He described the surgery itself as "pretty serious," but stressed the outcome went "better than expected." "I feel really good now, I'm ready to come back. I feel energized, pretty much back to my old self. It was definitely a serious situation, but I've come through it, I feel great, and I'm ready to work whenever." He wrapped up the video by thanking listeners for their support and said he'd be "back on the radio" soon.

BBC colleague Clara Amfo commented, "Thank god for your brilliant surgeons, you're meant to be here, love you." Singer Craig David also wrote, "We all love you, Trev, take your time."

Before stepping away, Nelson hosted BBC Radio 2's weekday afternoon show and 1Xtra's Sunday morning slot, having just celebrated his 30th anniversary with the BBC earlier this year.